Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Saint Seiya Real Cloth: Pegasus Seiya

I found this figure in my closet while I was looking for my old Halloween costumes a few weeks back. So I thought I would share.
Quick Bio:
Pegasus Seiya is the main character of Masami Kurumada's Saint Seiya Manga. He a loyal servant of Athena, whose love for her allows him to defeat any enemy who stands before them , even the Gods of Olympus fall to the power of Seiya and Athena's love.




Pros:
This toy was released a while back by Banpresto( a subsidiary of Bandai) for fairly cheap( I think I picked up Seiya and Shiryu for about 15-20 bucks each). I like the fact that the clothing is made of real cloth( probably why they were called Real Cloth figures?). The face sculpt is okay( it is actually better than the V2 Seiya's Myth Cloth face~ note that the face on the V2 above is actually the appendix face~). His plastic armor has a kind of charm to it, almost like an Ultraman quality to it. He even comes with a Pegasus so that you can form the object mode of the armor.

Cons:
The clothing, while a cool touch, can get in the way of snapping the chest piece together. It also makes it near impossible to keep the knee armor on , since it will pop off and get lost  when the clothing shifts( Hence why the knee armor is MIA in the pics). The legs also seem to be a bit long and as you can see in the comparison picture, the proportions of the armor are off quite a bit compared to the Myth Cloth.

Verdict
A decent figure for the price. I remember buying this figure because I could not get myself to spend the money for a Myth Cloth. I would recommend it to those who are on a budget, although Myth Cloth can be had for cheap if you know how to hunt for bargains.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment