Monday, February 14, 2011

Myth Cloth Review: Hydra Ichi


So I picked up Hydra Ichi, not because I like him( who does realy?) , but because I got him cheap and I am going to need some flunkies for the Ophiuchus Shaina Myth Cloth when that gets released this year. Hit the jump to see how this second rate bronze saint stacks up to the rest of the myth cloth.


This figure is pretty plain and overall it is an ok figure. Just like the Unicorn Jabu myth cloth, Hydra Ichi's armor lacks the shiny finish of the five main bronze saints . This dull paint job makes him look cheaper. I suppose this was done by Bandai so that the protagonists stand out from the back up bronze saints. His face sculpt is very accurate to the anime, so you can marvel at his ugly mug all you want .

As some of you may know, all of the bronze saints are actually children of Mr. Kido, who fathered 100 children with different women with the purpose of making them into saints. With a face like that it makes you wonder who the provided the other half of the chromosomes for this guy. 
My theory is that Mr. Kido got really drunk one night and on a dare from Tatsumi made love to
....
....
...Blade from Puppet Master.
Why won't you love me as your son?


He also does not come with much in the way of extras, just a couple of extra hands and ( the coolest of the extras) claws that attach to his knees and hands to recreate his sneaky attacks.
Ichi is up to his old tricks again

Your claws cannot penetrate my ice cold armor



Overall I would only recommend this Myth Cloth if you can find it on the cheap. Your collection is not going to be hurting if you miss out on this guy.

6 comments:

  1. blade from the puppet lol... :p
    Anyway, where can you find this guy cheap? I personally like his object more than himself :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently I'm only finding Ichi on eBay, but my partner in crime on this website might have a better answer, since this Hydra Ichi is his. I'll post (or he'll post) a reply. Sorry to make you wait and thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. Sorry for the late reply. I am still figuring out some of the stuff on the site . As for where to get hydra ichi, eBay is usually a good place. I do not know how much he is going for right now, but I am sure you can find him for under $35. I gt mine for $25 but it was used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked ebay and there are no cheap ones. My advice is to check it from time to time. I know there are a couple of myth cloth sellers I have seen that have the Latin American Version for about $35.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks:) yea, I would like to grab one.

    Anyway.. I think I better save my money to buy two of my most wanted myth cloth:

    1. god cloth andromeda.. since they reproduced pegasus, I can hope that they will reproduce andromeda too.

    2. crane yuzuriha. I don't care how much she will cost, be it a japan exclusive or not. I will definitely get her. If bandai bothers to produce her that's it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you. I hope they do re-release the Andromeda God Cloth. It is way too expensive right now. I just got The Phoenix , Cygnus and Pegasus God Cloth's in the last few months. So my collection feels a little incomplete without the Dragon and Andromeda , which are harder to get. It would be disappointing if they only re-released the Pegasus God Cloth , because of the fact that they just released the Hades God Cloth.

    We have also been wondering if Bandai will continue the Lost Canvas line, Yuzuriha included. It would be the next logical step, since there is not many characters left in the regular line.

    ReplyDelete