Friday, May 13, 2011

Myth Cloth Review: Lionet Ban



Up on the review block is another one of the minor saints: Lionet Ban. Although he suffered from less face time in the show than some of the other minors bronze saints( Ichi, Jab and Geki), he is actually one of the hardest to get and thus most expensive. Is this Saint with such a small role to play worth the cost? Hit the jump to find out.




As you can see his cloth is very simple, even when compared to some of the other Bronze Saints' armors. Howerver, out of the three Minor Bronzes that I  own , I think his armor stands out . The armor is actually shiny , like the main Bronze's armor and thus doesn't look cheap and plastic like armors Hydra and Jabu.

  His Lion feet are kind of cool and unique among the myth cloth and give his feet more stability for posing( unlike Radamanthys' avian feet which aren't as stable as you would think.)

I have a couple of complaints for this figure. First of all, the little clip that attaches the right shoulder armor can pop off quite easily when you are handling it , since it goes into a peg in the armor there is nothing holding in. I lost this piece while I was taking pictures for this review and I ended up loosing it. Not cool , considering this is a very expensive figure. Luckily, I did end up finding it and all is right in the world.
Second, this figure is a pretty bare-bones. For extras he has : 3 sets of hands and ... Well that is it.

My final verdict on this figure: he has a nice presence due to his size , color and shine. A good addition only for the hardcore collector willing to shell out money in the triple digits for a figure due to its rarity. Quite honestly , I wish I would have picked this guy up when he was at retail price.

No comments:

Post a Comment