Friday, November 2, 2012

Great Unrest Weapons Pack - Quick Pics


Just got my Great Unrest Weapons pack from MattyCollector today. Yeah, yeah, I know I piss and moan about Matty. Let me reiterate, the toys themselves are usually good, it's just all the associated BS that comes with being a customer of MattyCollector. Regardless, this was something I felt added real value to my small collection of Masters of the Universe Classics. While it's not a full review, Check out the pics to see some of the stuff Matty threw in there. Hit the jump!


The Great Unrest Weapons Pak adds some brand new weapons to the line.

In addition, older weapons and shields got new paint jobs.

Chief Carnivus sword in blue, Teela sword with red hilt, and green Clawful club.

Recolored Clawful shield, but who cares? That's Draego-man's long lost shield accessory dammit! Hot gouda!

Skeletor's dual swords. Inspired by the 2002 cartoon, these actually split apart into 2 swords. Cool idea, but I have mixed feelings on the execution. The other sword behind it is the plain version of Draego-Man's sword, the one that came with him is made to look like it's on fire.

Recolored Zoar the falcon. I believe it is supposed to go with the Temple of Darkness Sorceress figure, but I really have no idea.

Recolored Teela snakeskin helmet thing, plus awesome Man-At-Arms blaster. The blaster is all new and a great addition to MAA's arsenal.

Recolored Teela shield and Chief Carnivus shield. Nice amount of detail in the sculpts.

The staff with the bat wings is for Horde Prime. It was an accessory that was cut for cost reasons from the original figure. Or it could just be a scheme to gouge us. Freaking Matty, you never know with them.

The coup de grace that makes you poop ya drawers. It's Draego-Man's flame whip! Another cut accessory welcomed back into the line. Too bad Draego-Man found a screwdriver and now moonlights as Draego-Handyman.

All in all, a lot of good weapons in here to expand your MOTUC arsenal. I'll get some pics of the action figures with their new weapons up this weekend. Also, hopefully expect some Thundercats 3.75 stuff, maybe an S.H. Figuarts review. Finally, I'm in the early stages of planning something I think will be highly enjoyable. Until next time, have fun everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment